Sydney Rat Boarding
Rat Boarding Sydney has never been easier than at Birdsville aka Petsville
The new modern premises at 684 Botany Road, Alexandria, NSW. We boasts new climate controlled, Rat specific made habitats/cages designed specifically for Rats and placed in an area that is not too bright to keep them comfortable whilst you are away.
Next time you go on holidays, away on business, or need to find the perfect temporary home for your precious fury friend, our Birdsville rat boarding Sydney is the answer. Our caring Birdsville team will insure your rat will be well cared for with our premium service in our climate controlled premises. You will have peace of mind that your loving companion is well feed, happy and secure.
When you have your dates, just call Birdsville on 02 96691766 or email us your details. Our team will require you to drop off during work hours displayed on our website and will then coordinate, arrange and care for your rat in your absence. There is no need to bring a cage and we provide feed. Just bring a one or more of your Rats favorite chew toys or you can purchase a few at Birdsville when you bring your pet rat in for Boarding.
Rat Boarding enclosure measurements
51cm Long 35 cm wide and 20 cms high
Sydney Rat Boarding Facility
* Advanced Bookings are not necessary but advisable, especially during school holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
Rat Boarding Sydney includes:
- Cage cleaning (change of substrate and disinfected with vet grade F10 solution).
- changing feeding of feed and water
- Visual health checks and nurturing team interaction.
- Freshly chopped fruit and veg, top up of low protein rat pellets
- Visual health check and team nurturing team interaction.
At Birdsville the cages are modern, clean and secure.
We are located on a major intersection of Sydney with a back to base alarm monitoring system with lots of CCTV cameras. We do not allow the public in the area that our boarding animals are kept and the room is climate controlled.
The basics of rodent care include:
- We provide secure, safe enclosure with protection from the weather extremes and draughs.
- Balanced diet – Rat and Mouse Pellets or lab cubes with the addition of fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Mite and worming prevention – for an additional charge we can provide this service, additional charge of $15
- wood shavings are included, some of our customers bring in their own bedding/substrate they prefer which we are happy to use.
- Acute observation from many of our team members all employed for there skills and love of animal care, also through out the day your fur babies get handling during cleaning and feeding.
- Regular health examinations if we notice any unusual change in behaviour we will notify the owners.
- As a nocturnal animal they do not like to be kept in bright places. They prefer low lights as they have very sensitive eyes adapted to seeing well in the dark so we will make sure they are looked after somewhere they will feel more comfortable.
- Rats mostly carry and are very prone to respiratory disease genetically, so they are kept in well ventilated cage with an open top.
Rat Boarding Rates
Rats are $9 a day with $4.50 for every additional rat in the same enclosure.
Please Note: * Day of drop off and day of pick up is inclusive of price, boarding is priced per day. So there is no confusion, if you drop your rat in for boarding on a Monday afternoon and pick your rat up the next day on the Tuesday morning this counts for 2 days of boarding. For any extra care such as added supplements or medication, an additional daily fee will be charged. All boarding is paid up front on the day you start boarding.
Your Rats will be in an active room with people frequently in the same room. They will never feel alone.
What you need to bring for rat boarding Sydney
You will need your rats favorite chew enrichment toys to play with during their stay. This is a requirement for all animals boarding with us, as it is our policy to provide stimulation and behavioral enrichment toys to our animals.
Remember we supply the enclosure, food and a drink bottle
You can bring your own toys or purchase some new toys at Birdsville. We will not board rats without enrichment toys, as your rat will naturally miss the owners (you) while you are away as this can stress your rat.
Please Note: If you are aware of your Rat with any diseases or illness we are not able to be bordered at our facility as a rat with a problem can pass away very quickly and should be kept at a vet.
Anyone who has owned a rat never goes back! Rats and their smaller cousin the mouse, make endearing pets. They are interesting, intelligent and have amazingly distinct personalities. Rats in particular can bond deeply with their human caregivers and make devoted companions. Rats and mice thrive on human interaction and require time and effort to be maintained in good health. Many of the rodent problems common with rats is due to the fact they all come from laboratory stock. Yes these beautiful little rodents were bred for cancer or blood research and do have short life spans. In the wild they can live for 4 years but not quite as long for domestic rats, as a prey animal lots of hungry carnivores see Rats and mice as a tasty snack, so just like our other exotic species, rodents instinctively hide signs of disease and injury for as long as possible. Which makes it dificult as a sick rat can look like a healthy rat.