Sydney Mouse Boarding
Sydney Mouse boarding has never been easier than at Birdsville also known as Petsville the small animal specialists.
The new modern premises at 684 Botany Road, Alexandria, NSW. We boasts new climate controlled, custom made habitats/cages designed specifically for mice and placed in an area that is not too bright to keep them comfortable whilst you are away.
Next time you go on holidays, away on business, or need to find the perfect temporary home for your precious fury friend, our Birdsville rat boarding Sydney is the answer. Our caring Birdsville team will insure your pet Mouse will be well cared for with our premium service in our climate controlled premises. You will have peace of mind that your loving companion is well feed, happy and secure.
When you have your dates, just call Birdsville on 02 96691766 or email us your details. Our team will require you to drop off during work hours displayed on our website and will then coordinate, arrange and care for your mouse in your absence. There is no need to bring a cage and we provide feed. Just bring one or more of your mouse toys favourite running wheel or you can purchase a few at Birdsville when you bring your mouse in for Boarding.
Mouse Boarding Cage measurements
43cm long 30cm deep and 15 cm high
Sydney Mouse Boarding Facility
* Advanced Bookings are not necessary but advisable, especially during school holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
Sydney Mouse Boarding Sydney includes:
- Daily cage cleaning (change of substrate and disinfected with vet grade F10 solution).
- changing feeding of feed and water
- Visual health checks and nurturing team interaction.
- Freshly chopped fruit and veg, top up of low protein mouse pellets
- Visual health check and team nurturing team interaction.
At Birdsville aka petsville the cages are clean and secure.
We are located on a major intersection of Sydney with a back to base alarm monitoring system with lots of CCTV cameras. We do not allow the public in the area that our boarding animals are kept and the room is climate controlled.
The basics of rodent care include:
- We provide secure, safe enclosure with protection from the weather extremes and draughs.
- Balanced diet – Mouse Pellets with the addition of fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Mite and worming prevention – for an additional charge we can provide this service, additional charge of $15
- Acute observation from many of our team members all employed for there skills and love of animal care, also through out the day your fur babies get handling during cleaning and feeding.
- Regular health examinations if we notice any unusual change in behaviour we will notify the owners.
- wood shavings supplied as bedding for your enclosure
- As a nocturnal animal they do not like to be kept in bright places. They prefer low lights as they have very sensitive eyes adapted to seeing well in the dark so we will make sure they are looked after somewhere they will feel more comfortable.
- mice are very prone to respiratory disease, so the cages are quite open at the top to allow plenty of ventilation.
Birdsville Mouse Boarding Rates
mice are $5 a day each with $2.50 for every additional mouse in the same enclosure.
Please Note: * Day of drop off and day of pick up is inclusive of price, boarding is priced per day. So there is no confusion, if you drop your mouse in for boarding on a Monday afternoon and pick your mouse up the next day on the Tuesday morning this counts for 2 days of boarding. For any extra care such as added supplements or medication, an additional daily fee will be charged.
Your mouse will be in an active room with people frequently in the room they will never feel alone.
What you need to bring for rat boarding Sydney
You will need your mousies favorite chew enrichment toys to play with during their stay. This is a requirement for all animals boarding with us, as it is our policy to provide stimulation and behavioral enrichment toys to our animals. You can bring your own toys or purchase some new toys at Birdsville. We will not board mice without at least 1 enrichment toy, as your mouse will naturally miss the owners (you) while you are away.
Please Note: If you are aware your mouse is with any diseases or illness it will not be able to be bordered at our boarding facility as we are not vets.
Mice thrive on human interaction and require time and effort to be maintained in good health. Many of the rodent problems we see here at Birdsville or now called Petsville are all domestic animals which come from laboratory stock. Sadly these beautiful little rodents were bred for cancer or blood research and do have short life spans. In the wild, as a prey animal lots of hungry carnivores Rats and mice as a tasty snack, so just like our other exotic species, rodents hide signs of disease and injury. As Rats and mice have such short life spans and have genetic tendency to be susceptable to cirtain deseases that all domestic stock carry. In the wild they can live for 3 years but not quite as long for domestic mice which is between 1 and 2 years old, as a prey animal lots of hungry carnivores see mice as a tasty snack, so just like our other exotic species, rodents instinctively hide signs of disease and injury for as long as possible. Which makes it dificult as a sick mouse can look like a healthy mouse. Signs to look for are puffing up more than usual or wobly on the feet if your mouse is not feeling well or coming to the end of their short life. On a positive note what they lack in longevity they sure make up for in cuteness.