Sydney Rabbit and Guinea pig Boarding
Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding in Sydney has never been better than at Birdsville. The new modern premises at 684 Botany Road, Alexandria, NSW, boasts new climate controlled, custom-made habitats/cages in various sizes ready for your pet to enjoy whilst you are away.
Next time you go on holidays, away on business, or need to find the perfect temporary home for your precious furry friend, our boarding facility at Birdsville is the answer. Our caring Birdsville team will ensure your Rabbit or Guinea Pig will be well cared for with our premium service in our climate-controlled premises, where you will have peace of mind that your loving companion is well feed, stimulated, happy and secure. When you have your dates, BOOK ONLINE NOW and our team will coordinate, arrange and care for your rabbit or guinea pig in your absence. There is no need to bring a cage, feed or treats as we provide this – just a few of your rabbit or Guinea Pig favorite toys are required or you can purchase a few at Birdsville.
All boarding fees are paid upfront and in full on the first day of boarding for the full duration of their visit.
* Advanced Bookings are advisable, especially during school holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
- Daily cage cleaning (change of and disinfected with vet recommended F10 solution).
- Daily changing of feed and water, we feed them Vetafarm pellets, a mix of oaten and meadow hay
- Visual health checks and nurturing team interaction.
- Freshly chopped fruit and veg, leaves provided.
- Visual health check and team nurturing team and budding animal volunteer worker interaction.
At Birdsville, our Rabbits and Guinea pigs are able to interact with other people and animals observing and hearing the other bird in the room. Cages are clean, secure and the room is climate controlled. Tame Rabbits and Guinea pigs (and with owner’s permitting) will be allowed out of their cage petted and handled, by the team and volunteer workers usually during the cage cleaning process.
Birdsville Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding Rates
Please check Petsville Hotel for Prices
Boarding Fees may vary depending on the animal and care required.
- In house cage size- Hight 700mm by 950mm wide and 580mm deep.
- Our cages are suitable for two Mini/Dwarf breeds rabbit and/or guinea pig. One large breed rabbit.
- All rabbits & guineas will be provided with a water bowl for water. If your animal can’t drink from a bottle, there will be an additional fee for the extra cleaning.
Your Rabbit or Guinea pig will be in an active room with people frequently in the room and other birds in the same room. They will never feel alone.
What you need to bring for Rabbit or Guinea pig
- At Sydney Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding you will need to bring your pets favorite behavioral enrichment toys to play with during their stay, this is a requirement for all birds boarding with us, as it is our policy to provide stimulation and behavioral enrichment toys to all animals that board with us. You can bring your own toys or purchase some new toys at Birdsville aka Petsville when you arrive. We will not board Rabbits or Guinea pigs without enrichment toys, as your pet will naturally miss the owners (you) while you are away as this can stress them, and we want to reduce stress as much as possible, this is why we will not board any rodents without toys. Separation anxiety is real with animals and a mix with toys and the fact our boarding facility is very open with a hive of activity all day long your pets and our team members your pet should enjoy staying at the Birdsville hotel.
Please Note: If you are aware of your Rabbit or Guinea pig with any diseases or illness are not able to be bordered at our boarding facility due to the fact we are not vets, as a prey animal lots of hungry carnivores see Rabbits and Guinea pigs as a tasty snack, so just like our other prey species, Rabbits and Guinea pigs instinctively hide signs of disease and injury for as long as possible which makes it difficult to spot.
Animals with any diseases or illness are not able to be bordered at our boarding facility, due to risk of infection of other animals.
When boarding, there is always a risk of stress, as it is a new/different environment. To minimize the chance of this, we require all boarders to have enrichment toys and a hide (to be provided by the owner).
Animals kept with another animal in a cage (even if they share a cage at home) can in rare cases become territorial and attack each other in new/different environment.
Although rare some enclosure mates can attack the other enclosure mate. If an enclosure mate is being aggressive or bullying the other enclosure mate, it can cause stress. Stress can be difficult to spot. If we notice this, we will separate them, the owner will be notified, and an additional charge will be charged.
Small animals, especially Guinea Pigs can be very fragile. Stress, worms, mites, lice, flea, change of environment, anaerobic bacteria in the gut, urinary tract infection, respiratory problems, abscesses, cancers, tumors heart failure and overgrown teeth can cause weight loss, illness, and sudden death.
Our team are passionate, young animal lovers, ranging from junior to senior team members, with backgrounds in animal welfare and care. Previously working with the RSPCA, zoos, as vet nurse and other animal welfare organization.
They love their jobs and strive to provide the highest level of care possible for your animal while in boarding.
If in the unusual circumstance, you arrive early we don’t refund. If you arrive late, you will be charged those extra days, keep in mind animals that have been left in store for over 7 days in arrears past what has been paid for are deemed abandoned and will need to be moved on and found a home, once this has happened it can’t be reversed.
Important Boarding dates to note.
If picking up or dropping off your animal falls on a public holidays or date listed below, you will need to bring your animal in or pick your animal up a day earlier or later. On these dates, we will have people looking after the animals in store, but strictly not be taking in or allowing any drop offs or pickups on the following dates. This is due to reduced or limited staff members due to public holidays or increased customer volume such as Christmas Eve.
- Important Note: Remember below are the dates that Birdsville is not open to the public, but we have a team member to feed and care for the animals and you will be charged for the day if your pet is in store.
New Years Day – 1st January
day after New Year’s Eve – 1st January
Australia Day – 26th January
Good Friday – changes from year to year
Easter Saturday – changes from year to year
Easter Sunday – changes from year to year
Queen’s Birthday – changes from year to year
Anzac Day – 25 April
Labour Day – in October changes from year to year
Christmas Eve – 24 December
Christmas – 25 December
Boxing Day 26 December
New Years Eve – 31 December
Our guinea pigs and rabbits are boarded in the same sized enclosures.
To check into our boarding for pricing please click the below link.