Sydney Rabbit and Guinea pig Boarding
Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding in Sydney has never been better than at Birdsville. The new modern premises at 684 Botany Road, Alexandria, NSW, boasts new climate controlled, custom made habitats/cages in various sizes ready for your pet to enjoy whilst you are away.
Next time you go on holidays, away on business, or need to find the perfect temporary home for your precious furry friend, our boarding facility at Birdsville is the answer. Our caring Birdsville team will insure your Rabbit or Guinea Pig will be well cared for with our premium service in our climate-controlled premises, where you will have peace of mind that your loving companion is well feed, stimulated, happy and secure. When you have your dates, BOOK ONLINE NOW and our team will coordinate, arrange and care for your rabbit or guinea pig in your absence. There is no need to bring a cage, feed or treats as we provide this – just a few of your rabbit or Guinea Pig favourite toys are required or you can purchase a few at Birdsville.
All boarding fees are paid upfront and in full on the first day of boarding for the full duration of their visit.
* Advanced Bookings are advisable, especially during school holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
Sydney Guinea Pig and Rabbit Boarding Facility
- Daily cage cleaning (change of and disinfected with vet recommended F10 solution).
- Daily changing of feed and water, we feed them Vetafarm pellets, a mix of oaten and meadow hay
- Visual health checks and nurturing team interaction.
- Freshly chopped fruit and veg, leaves provided.
- Visual health check and team nurturing team and budding animal volunteer worker interaction.
At Birdsville, our Rabbits and Guinea pigs are able to interact with other people and animals observing and hearing the other bird in the room. Cages are clean, secure (padlocked) and the room is climate controlled. Tame Rabbits and Guinea pigs (and with owner’s permitting) will be allowed out of their cage petted and handled, by the team and volunteer workers usually during the cage cleaning process.
Birdsville Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding Rates
Boarding Fees may vary depending on the animal and care required.
- $16.00 a day for a single Rabbit or Guinea pig
- Additional animal in the same cage will be an extra $8.00
- In house cage size- Hight 700mm by 950mm wide and 580mm deep.
- we do have spare cages we can put together and use if we are in a very busy periods like school holidays that we sell for small breeds of rabbits and guinea pigs if we run out of the cages mentioned above will add measurements soon.
Please Note: * Day of drop off and day of pick up is inclusive of price, boarding is priced per day. So, there is no confusion, if you drop your Guinea pig or Rabbit in for boarding on a Monday afternoon the 9th of November and pick your bird up on Tuesday Morning the 10th of November this counts for 2 days of boarding. For any extra care such as added supplements, hand feeding or medication this possibly will incur a daily fee.
Your Rabbit or Guinea pig will be in an active room with people frequently in the room and other birds in the same room. They will never feel alone.
What you need to bring for Rabbit or Guinea pig
- At Sydney Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding you will need to bring your pets favourite behavioural enrichment toys to play with during their stay, this is a requirement for all birds boarding with us, as it is our policy to provide stimulation and behavioural enrichment toys to all animals that board with us. You can bring your own toys or purchase some new toys at Birdsville aka Petsville when you arrive. We will not board Rabbits or Guinea pigs without enrichment toys, as your pet will naturally miss the owners (you) while you are away as this can stress them, and we want to reduce stress as much as possible, this is why we will not board any rodents without toys. Separation anxiety is real with animals and a mix with toys and the fact our boarding facility is very open with a hive of activity all day long your pets and our team members your pet should enjoy staying at the Birdsville hotel.
Please Note: If you are aware of your Rabbit or Guinea pig with any diseases or illness are not able to be bordered at our boarding facility due to the fact we are not vets, as a prey animal lots of hungry carnivores see Rabbits and Guinea pigs as a tasty snack, so just like our other prey species, Rabbits and Guinea pigs instinctively hide signs of disease and injury for as long as possible which makes it difficult to spot.
Animals with any diseases or illness are not able to be bordered at our boarding facility, due to risk of infection of other animals.
When boarding, there is always a risk of stress, as it is a new/different environment. To minimise the chance of this, we require all boarders to have enrichment toys and a hide (to be provided by the owner).
Animals kept with another animal in a cage (even if they share a cage at home) can in rare cases become territorial and attack each other in new/different environment.
Although rare some enclosure mates can attack the other enclosure mate. If an enclosure mate is being aggressive or bullying the other enclosure mate, it can cause stress. Stress can be difficult to spot. If we notice this we will separate them, the owner will be notified, and an additional charge will be charged.
Small animals, especially Guinea Pigs can be very fragile. Stress, worms, mites, lice, flea, change of environment, anaerobic bacteria in the gut, urinary tract infection, respiratory problems, abscesses, cancers, tumours heart failure and over grown teeth can cause weight loss, illness, and sudden death.
Our team are passionate, young animal lovers, ranging from junior to senior team members, with backgrounds in animal welfare and care. Previously working with the RSPCA, zoos, as vet nurse and other animal welfare organisation.
They love their jobs and strive to provide the highest level of care possible for your animal while in boarding.
If in the unusual circumstance you arrive early we don’t refund. If you arrive late you will be charged those extra days, keep in mind animals that have been left in store for over 15 days in arrears past what has been paid for are deemed abandoned and will need to be moved on and found a home, once this has happened it can’t be reversed.
Important Boarding dates to note
If picking up or dropping off your animal falls on a public holidays or date listed below, you will need to bring your animal in or pick your animal up a day earlier or later. On these dates, we will have people looking after the animals in store, but strictly not be taking in or allowing any drop offs or pick ups on the following dates. This is due to reduced or limited staff members due to public holidays or increased customer volume such as Christmas Eve.
- Important Note: Remember below are the dates that Birdsville is not open to the public, but we have a team member to feed and care for the animals and you will be charged for the day if your pet is in store.
New Years Day – 1st January
day after new years eve – 1nd January
Australia Day – 26th January
Good Friday – changes from year to year
Easter Saturday – changes from year to year
Easter Sunday – changes from year to year
Queens Birthday – changes from year to year
Anzac Day – 25 April
Labour Day – in october changes from year to year
Christmas Eve – 24 December
Christmas – 25 December
Boxing Day 26 Decemer
New Years Eve – 31 December