Bird Boarding Sydney
Bird Boarding in Sydney has never been easier than at Birdsville. The new modern premises at 684 Botany Road, Alexandria, NSW, boasts new climate controlled, custom-made habitats/cages in various sizes ready for your pet bird to enjoy whilst you are away.
Next time you go on holidays, away on business, or need to find the perfect temporary home for your precious feathered friend, our bird boarding facility at Birdsville is the answer. Our caring Birdsville team will ensure your bird will be well cared for with our premium service in our climate-controlled premises, where you will have peace of mind that your loving companion is well feed, stimulated, happy with a team of animal carers who are employed for their passion for animals. When you have your dates, BOOK ONLINE NOW and our team will coordinate, arrange and care for your bird in your absence. There is no need to bring a cage, feed or treats as we provide this – just a few of your bird favorite toys are required or you can purchase a few at Birdsville. All boarding fees are paid upfront and in full on the first day of boarding for the full duration of their visit.
* Advanced Bookings are advisable, especially during school holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
Sydney Bird Boarding Facility
- Daily cage cleaning (change of paper or shell grit and disinfected with vet recommended F10 solution).
- Daily changing of seed and water (Lori dry and/or wet for Lorikeets).
- Visual health checks and nurturing team
- Freshly chopped fruit and veg provided.
- Visual health check and team nurturing team interaction.
At Birdsville, our birds are able to interact with other birds by observing and hearing the other bird in the room. The cages are modern, clean, secure (padlocked) and the room is climate controlled. Tame birds with clipped wings (and with owner’s permitting) will be allowed out of their cage petted and handled, usually during the cage cleaning process.
Birdsville Bird Boarding Rates
Boarding Fees may vary depending on the bird and care required. For all prices, please head over to Petsville Hotel
Small birds (Budgies, Finches, Lovebirds)
- In house cage size – 450mm high by 400mm wide and 460 mm deep
Medium birds (Cockatiels, Green Cheek Conures, Quakers, Ring Necks, Sun Conure’s)
Nectar Feeders (Lorikeets)
- In house cage size – 450mm high by 400mm wide and 460mm deep
Large birds (Alexandrine, Galahs, Major Mitcheles, Corellas, Amazons, large lories, Eclectus)
- In house cage size – 1040mm high by 950 wide and 580mm deep.
Ex-large (Macaw, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, Chickens)
- Our petsville hotel booking will have a fee a day for each single bird
- In house cage size – 1040mm high by 950 wide and 580mm deep.
Please Note: * Day of drop off and day of pick up is inclusive of price, boarding is priced per day. So, there is no confusion, if you drop your bird for boarding on a Monday afternoon the 9th of November and pick your bird up on Tuesday Morning the 10th of November this counts for 2 days of boarding.
For any extra care such as added supplements or medication this possibly will incur a daily fee
We do not do hand rearing, if there is an issue with a bird or the bird has been dropped into us and has recently been weaned and has reverted and needs hand feeding this will incur additional fees. This fee varies from species of bird, with large parrots being more expensive.
Your Birds will be in an active room with people frequently in the room and other birds in the same room. They will never feel alone.
- You will need your bird’s favorite behavioral enrichment toys to play with during their stay, this is a requirement for all birds boarding with us, as it is our policy to provide stimulation and behavioral enrichment toys to our birds. You can bring your own toys or purchase some new toys at Birdsville. We will not board birds without enrichment toys, as your bird will naturally miss the owners (you) while you are away as this can stress the bird and make it possible for your bird to start plucking, this is why we will not board any bird without toys. Separation anxiety is real with birds and a mix with toys and the fact our boarding facility is very open with a hive of activity all day long your bird should enjoy staying at the Birdsville hotel.
Animals with any diseases or illness are not able to be bordered at our boarding facility, due to risk of infection of other animals.
When boarding, there is always a risk of stress or plucking, as it is a new/different environment. To minimize the chance of this, we require all boarders to have enrichment toys.
Animals kept with another animal in a cage (even if they share a cage at home) can in rare cases become territorial and attack each other in new/different environment.
Hormonal imbalance can sometime occur in new/different environments, causing females to become clucky/broody and both male and females’ personalities to change for short period towards owners and enclosure mate. Although these are rare, some enclosure mates can attack the other enclosure mate.
If we happen to notice that one of the cage mates is being bullied, we will notify the owner that we have had to unfortunately separate the animals and an additional charge will be incurred. We do have a passionate team of young animal carers and senior staff from rspca, zoo, vet nurse and other animal welfare back grounds doing the best job they can.
If in the unusual circumstance you arrive early, we don’t refund. If you arrive late, you will be charged those extra days, keep in mind birds that have been left in store for over 7 days in arrears past what has been paid for are deemed abandoned and will need to be moved on and found a home, once this has happened it can’t be reversed.
Our terms and conditions page also applies to our boarding service as well.
Important Boarding dates to note.
If picking up or dropping off your animal falls on a public holidays or date listed below, you will need to bring your animal in or pick your animal up a day earlier or later. On these dates, we will have people looking after the animals in store, but strictly not be taking in or allowing any drop offs or pick-ups on the following dates. This is due to reduced or limited staff members due to public holidays or increased customer volume such as Christmas Eve.
Remember below are the dates that Birdsville is not open to the public, but there will be a team member in to feed and care for the animals and you will be charged for these days if your pet is in store.
New Years Day – 1st January
Australia Day – 26th January
Good Friday – changes from year to year
Easter Saturday – changes from year to year
Easter Sunday – changes from year to year
Queen’s Birthday – changes from year to year
Anzac Day – 25 April
Labour Day – in October changes from year to year
Christmas Eve – 24 December
Christmas – 25 December
Boxing Day 26 December
New Years Eve – 31 December