Passwell Parrot Pellets for Sale Sydney
Passwell Parrot Pellets is a complete balanced diet for cockatoos and parrots. It is enriched with essential amino acids (lysine & methionine), essential fatty acids (omega-3 & omega-6), vitamins & minerals. It will improved health and the low fat diet helps prevent obesity and balanced protein content maintains good feather and body condition.
Can be used as a replacement or supplement to seed mixes.
- Provides great nutrition in comparison to seed based diets
- totally edible to reduce waste and mess
- a low fat formula which helps in weight controll in pet birds
Passwell Parrot Pellets Recommended for
cockatoos, galahs and corellas, but also suitable for parrots.
Passwell Parrot Pellets Feeding Guidelines
Feed as a dry pellet, replacing the seed proportion of a birds diet.
Birds that are used to eating seed need to modify their feeding technique tto feed on pellets.
- Have at most 2 or 3 layers of pellets in food bowl.
- Do not over fill the food bowl, as birds will scatter the pellets as they search for their normal food.
- In the biginning they will disintegrate tthe food, but they should soon learn to eat the pellets and any powder they produce during feeding.
- Avoid changing the diet on days that are very hot or cold, or during times of illness or stress.
- Observe the birds regularly to make sure they are actually eating the pellets.
Changing to pellets
Changing to pellets is worth while as your bird will be healthier for it. A method i have always ised is simple every day you slowly increase the amount of pellets in their seed bowl.
On day one start with 10% pellets and 90 % seed. On the 3rd day increase the amount to 20 % pellets and 80% seed on the 5th day change from 30% pellet and 70% seed. On the 7th day change from 40% pellet to 60% seed. On the 9th day change 50/50 seed and pellet. On the 11th day change from 60% pellet to 40% seed, now you get the idea. Keep going until they are simply eating pellets and no seed. I do recommend seed is still given as a treat from time to time as seed does have some good vitamins.
Ingredients of Passwell Parrot Pellets
Passwell Parrot Pellets contain Ground grains including triticale, wheat, barley, maize, oats, whey and soy proteins, meat meal, lysine, methionine, mannan, B-glucans, vegetable oil, oligosaccharides, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids(including EPA AND DHA), carotenoids, vitamin , B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D3, E, K, nicotinamide, sodium, potassium, selenium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, copper and iodine.
Fat min 5%
Protein min 5%
Carbohydrate min 72%
Fibre max 7%
Metabolisable energy (ME ) 16.0 MJ/kg
Available at Birdsville in 350g, 1kg and 5kg, 10kg .