Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel For Ornamental Birds for Sale
Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel For Ornamental Birds was developed as an extension to Aristopet’s popular Worm Enda bird worming syrup. The addition of the drug Praziquantel to the formulation increases the spectrum of efficiency to include tapeworms as well. Praziquantel and levamisole broad spectrum wormer for in water treatment of tapeworm (raillietina), threadworm (capillaria spp.), caecal worm (hetarakis spp.), roundworm (ascaridia spp.), gape worm (syngamus spp.), and gizzard worm (acuaria spp.) in all ornamental caged birds.
For the treatment of worms in ornamental birds
For the treatment of threadworm (Capillaria spp.), caecal worm (Heterakis spp.), roundworm (Ascaridia spp.), gape worm (Syngamus spp.) gizzard worm (Acuaria spp.) and tapeworm (Raillietina spp.) in ornamental birds.
Active Ingredient: 10 mg/ml Levamisole hydrochloride (equivalent to 8.48 mg/ml Levamisole base, 2 mg/ml Praziquantel
- Simple to administer, by adding the advised dosage of syrup into your bird’s drinking water.
- Flavoured to be palatable and accepted in the bird drinking water.
Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel For Ornamental Birds Directions
- The use of this product during extremely hot weather is contraindicated.
- Treating birds under stress or birds actively feeding young, is contraindicated
- Mix with drinking water at the following concentration – dilute 25 ml of bird wormer in 1 litre of drinking water or 0.5 ml (8 drops) to 20 ml of water
- This dilution provides a dose of 40 mg/kg body weight Levamisole hydrochloride and 8 mg/kg Praziquantel – based on an average body weight of 30g and consumption of 5 ml of liquid per day
- The bottle dispenses 16 drops per ml
- The medicated water must be freshly made just before dosing.
- Provide the medicated water as the sole source of drinking water for a 24 hour period
- Repeat treatment after 14 days
- Further dilution of the medicated water may be required in hot weather, to allow for increased water consumption
- If worm problems continue after treatment, consult with a veterinarian
Don’t use on finch as the drug Praziquantel can affect some finch species causing death.
Available at Birdsville in 30ml and 125ml amounts.